Loving God. Reaching People.
Robbins First Baptist is a community that desires to see people changed through God’s love. In doing this, we have established core values that we believe and seek to live by:
We believe that…
- Every person matters to God- (Luke 5:30–32; Luke 15; Matthew 18:14) No matter who they are, God loves them and desires a personal relationship with them.
- Church is a Community- Acts 2:42, 44, 46 – We recognize and affirm the diversity of our congregation and we strive to develop a sense of unity and common purpose, seeking God’s will and striving always to be a people of love, encouragement, and forgiveness.
- Worship is Meaningful- Acts 2:42, 46-47 – We value worship that exalts God with awe and wonder, celebrates Christ with joy and thanksgiving, and submits to the Holy Spirit in reverence and humility.
- Prayer Works- Acts 2:42, 46 – We are committed to continual, fervent prayer both individually and as a church, faithfully seeking God’s will.
- Preaching the whole counsel of the Bible is still relevant- Acts 20:27 We still stand on the belief that God’s word is the infallible, inerrant word delivered to mankind as a love letter.